Thursday, November 28, 2013

This is What I am Thankful For

While I am thankful for many, many things, this is just one snippet of the evening that made  me smile:

Gabriel was sitting on his Grandpa's (my dad's) lap watching a movie this evening.  He started to get squirmy.

Grandpa (whispering):  Gabriel, do you need to go to the bathroom?

Gabriel (also whispering):  No.  It's just that my pants are stuck in my fanny.

Grandpa (still whispering):  Yeah.  That happens to me sometimes too.

I am thankful for little boys who will sit on their Grandpa's laps, and I am thankful for Grandpa's who not only open their lap to little boys, but who also commiserate with little boys and their problems.  

I am also thankful for turkey and sweet potatoes, but mostly for pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment