Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sadness and Reconciliation, Part 2

This is Gabriel's story, from a few days ago, so I'll let him tell it:

One day, I woke up and I was all alone and I was looking for you guys and you guys were all hiding in the laundry room. And so I turned on the light and asked 'What are you doing in here?'  And then I saw a baby angel falling from the sky and I caught her and I healed her wing and then I let go of her and she was flying.  And the baby angel was Hazel Grace.  And if her wing gets hurt again and she is falling then I will catch her.  And she will be safe because I will take good care of her.  

Then, the night before last, as we watched his poor fish get sicker and sicker, he said that his fish's 'wing' was broken.

Mom, my fish's wing is broken like Hazel's wing was broken when she was a baby angel.  Maybe I can fix his wing, too.  But that's ok because if I can't, then God can fix it later.  And Hazel's wing is better, so that's ok even if my fish stays sick and dies. 

Then later:

Mom, can I get a snake now?

No, we cannot get a snake.

But I am sure that Hazel Grace feels just a lit tle more secure knowing Gabriel's got her back!




No comments:

Post a Comment