Monday, October 17, 2011

Five Minute Friday - Catch

Well, so I know it's not Friday, but I really wanted to blog and I have well...about 5 minutes in which to do it, so here I go!

The rules?  Write for 5 minutes without stopping to edit or correct.

The topic?  Catch

Catch.  Catch my breath.  Catch a nap. Catch some time.  Catch a kiss from my man.

What can I catch?  A slippery right from the tub little boy who loves to run naked.

What else can I catch?  Ahhh...But I will tell you something that I can't catch.  The doctors at the hospital where my mother in law is staying again.  Those are the things that I can't catch.  Any of them.  Ever.  I am ever in the dark.  She does not speak English, and they, although they are supposed to, do not take the time to find an interpreter. 

So, that is something that I would like to catch but can't.

But what I love to catch is the sight of the two little ones playing together on the floor.  The way that Jo shows Gabriel how to blow bubbles in the bathtub. 
I love to catch the sight of Gabriel's face when he first sees Elizabeth walk up the drive from the bus stop. 

Pure joy.  Pure delight in his oldest sister coming unsuspecting up the walk and his little self hurling willy nilly into her knees.

Because he knows that she will

catch

him. 

And why?  Why does she catch him?  Every time, without fail?  Because she loves him and in her own way waits for him just as much as he waits for her.

So I lean back and catch my breath and catch the peace and calm at the end of the day and I know that tomorrow will be another day to try and catch all the things that I might have missed today,

but for now, I will hold in my heart all that I

caught

today.

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of Gabriel getting all excited when Elizabeth comes home. It's the same thing here. Everyday around 4:30 I get a phone call that the kids are close to their bus stop because I have to drive there, and Henry knows what time it is and knows what that phone call means. He claps his hands and does a happy dance.

    ReplyDelete