Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Things About Me

So, it's not Tuesday, but I'm writing this anyway.

Here is my list of 10 for the week.  I figure that since I am going to the Women's Retreat this weekend (YAY!) and I will be staying in a hotel room with some ladies that I know but don't know, you know, that I would let them in on a few things about me.  So, here we go!

Ten things you might not know about me:

1.  I don't like to shop.  This is for 2 reasons.  The first reason that I don't like to shop is because I don't have any money, so it's kind of frustrating and pretty boring to look at stuff you can never get.  And the second reason is because...

2.  I don't like crowds.  Really.  I don't.  I don't get afraid in them, or panicky, I just don't like them.  I don't like it when I can't walk straight ahead at the pace that I want to walk, which is usually pretty quickly, and I don't like standing in lines.

3.  I am the only one in my family (brother, sister, mother, father) who is bilingual.

4.  Our family is very small.  My husband only has one sister who has 2 children, who live in El Salvador, and my brother and sister have no children.  My mom is an only child, and my dad only has 2 nephews.

5.   I don't like onions.  In any form.  Which means that I don't think that I have ever bought an onion.  Ever.  In my life.  Of course, that also means that the kids don't eat onions, either.

6.  The ultrasound showed that the baby's a boy!!! That's not really something about me, but still...

7.  I used to want to be a boy.  I mean, this was a true deep desire.  I think that it was because of my brother and the preference that he received (and still does!) in our family in all things.  (But not to worry...I am completely content to be a girl now.)

8.  I'm secretly glad that the new baby is going to be a boy.  I was a little afraid that with Gabriel being the only boy, and with him being just so darn cute, that he would receive preference in the family, too, and leave little Jo out.

9.  I love to drive, just not in traffic.  This comes in handy since I am the only driver in the family.  And actually, I love to drive big vehicles.  We have a small 2 door job for running around town, but my favorite is our big van, loaded with kids or family and gear.

10.  I love to travel.  I love to get out and try new things and see new places.  My next dream destination is France.  Elizabeth is studying French in school and informed me that now that she 'knows' French, she is ready for us to go there.  (and she referenced a certain someone's open invitation...I hope it still stands!)

11.  Ok, so I'm going over the 10 limit, but I just have to add this one in.

I do not like camel crickets.  They are gross.  They leave their legs around and they hop really high and if you squish them, they are gross and meaty and pop.  (Ok that's just gross and I'm eating lunch.)



So, there you go.  Not too exciting, I guess, after reading it over, but still just some tidbits about me that maybe you didn't know!

Top Ten {Tuesday}

4 comments:

  1. I looove onions! Here in Brittany, we have pink onions from Roscoff. Tasty, tender and sweety, it is almost considered as a vegetable more than a condiment. Browned with butter, it is perfect in Breton crêpe served with ham, mushroom, egg and cheese...
    I really recommend you to fulfil your tenth thing.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I abhorred onions when I was pregnant...like then in some things now. CONGRATULATIONS on the baby boy...wish I could have another for my boy as well, but not happening. :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.  I like to shop at Leroy Merlin and Decathlon. That's all. But I am in charge of weekly food shopping. Surprisingly, I like it.

    2.  I don't like to clean up the house. Really. I don't.

    3.  We are not fluently bilingual in my family. I do my best for my English and Tanie does speak Spanish but she has not spoken for a while. And even Lise is bilingual! She now speaks French too! 'Mamama…' 'Dadada…'. My parents and one of my sisters do speak English. Maybe someone is able to count to three in German...

    4.  Our starting family is small but Lise takes a big part of it. My father's is big as he has 4 sisters and 4 brothers who all have at least two children which give me 27 cousins that side. My mother has two brothers and one sister and I have 6 cousins this side.

    5.  I love cheese especially blue veined ones and smoked meat. I am a whisky enthusiast, and particularly Islay which are lovely peated, and also sweet Tennessee even if I can perturb purists... I think the only thing I do not like is snail.

    6.  My sole ultrasound was for my ankle. Sorry...

    7.  When I was young, as my two sisters were sometimes bothering me and letting me apart of their games, I wanted to have a brother. In order to prevent any problematic difference of age, I proposed my mother to adopt a black brother.

    8.  I do not care about my future baby: another girl or a boy would be great. I do not know why but that would be fine to have two girls whereas I would prefer not to have two boys. Now hat Lise is here, it should be OK for the next one. Just hope there will not be twins...

    9.  I love to drive. I have learnt very early as my mother also did very young. She loves to drive and I think she gave me this stuff. I now have an old strong station wagon from a French brand. I do not really care about it except the drivetrain and the engine and that is fine as I only use it to go to the office (and to do shopping in Leroy Merlin). It has 200 000 miles and it is said to reach twice this mileage. I love it cuz it is very comfortable with its hydropneumatic suspension still used aboard Rolls-Royce cars! Well, I still mourn my Miata sometimes…

    10.  I love to travel.  I love to get out and try new things and see new places.  My great dream is still to visit Alaska… An old plan…

    11. Next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you never came to HI, either! And I don't mind food shopping, either. I kinda like it, too. Even or maybe even especially when I take the little guys with me. And I think that it is hilarious that you tried to convince your mom to adopt an African brother to avoid problems! How the child's mind works, right?

    ReplyDelete