So, it's not Tuesday, but I'm writing this anyway.
Here is my list of 10 for the week. I figure that since I am going to the Women's Retreat this weekend (YAY!) and I will be staying in a hotel room with some ladies that I know but don't know, you know, that I would let them in on a few things about me. So, here we go!
Ten things you might not know about me:
1. I don't like to shop. This is for 2 reasons. The first reason that I don't like to shop is because I don't have any money, so it's kind of frustrating and pretty boring to look at stuff you can never get. And the second reason is because...
2. I don't like crowds. Really. I don't. I don't get afraid in them, or panicky, I just don't like them. I don't like it when I can't walk straight ahead at the pace that I want to walk, which is usually pretty quickly, and I don't like standing in lines.
3. I am the only one in my family (brother, sister, mother, father) who is bilingual.
4. Our family is very small. My husband only has one sister who has 2 children, who live in El Salvador, and my brother and sister have no children. My mom is an only child, and my dad only has 2 nephews.
5. I don't like onions. In any form. Which means that I don't think that I have ever bought an onion. Ever. In my life. Of course, that also means that the kids don't eat onions, either.
6. The ultrasound showed that the baby's a boy!!! That's not really something about me, but still...
7. I used to want to be a boy. I mean, this was a true deep desire. I think that it was because of my brother and the preference that he received (and still does!) in our family in all things. (But not to worry...I am completely content to be a girl now.)
8. I'm secretly glad that the new baby is going to be a boy. I was a little afraid that with Gabriel being the only boy, and with him being just so darn cute, that he would receive preference in the family, too, and leave little Jo out.
9. I love to drive, just not in traffic. This comes in handy since I am the only driver in the family. And actually, I love to drive big vehicles. We have a small 2 door job for running around town, but my favorite is our big van, loaded with kids or family and gear.
10. I love to travel. I love to get out and try new things and see new places. My next dream destination is France. Elizabeth is studying French in school and informed me that now that she 'knows' French, she is ready for us to go there. (and she referenced a certain someone's open invitation...I hope it still stands!)
11. Ok, so I'm going over the 10 limit, but I just have to add this one in.
I do not like camel crickets. They are gross. They leave their legs around and they hop really high and if you squish them, they are gross and meaty and pop. (Ok that's just gross and I'm eating lunch.)
So, there you go. Not too exciting, I guess, after reading it over, but still just some tidbits about me that maybe you didn't know!