Friday, May 10, 2013

This Weekend...

Well, it turns out that my brother got married last Friday.  We all knew the girl, but we didn't know that he was going to get married!  In fact, we had kind of given up hope that he would ever settle down and marry, but lo and behold,  he did.  Our family here is very small.  I have one brother and one sister, and my sister and her husband do not have any children, and my mother was an only child.  My father's family is in Georgia and only one of his 2 siblings has any children, and they only had 2 boys...one of which married and now has triplets (!) and the other has 2 children, but they all live far away, and the most that we get down to visit them is once every few years, if that.

Jimmy has a large extended family, but only his mom and dad are here.  He has one sister who is still living and she has 3 kids, but they are all in El Salvador.  His brother, who passed away a few years ago, didn't have any children.

So to me, it is kind of exciting that my brother finally got married.  Maybe they will have children and my kids can have some cousins t play with.

Ok, let's be honest.  Maybe they will have kids so that when something gets broken at my parents' house during a family get-together, it won't always be our fault.

No, but seriously, I think that the more family and extended family you have, the better.  That way, if you have a falling out with one person, you have a lot more to still talk to and maybe one of them can help you fix the issue you have with the one that's mad at you.

We don't really have that right now, but maybe soon...

Anyway, for all of our family gatherings, we always get together at my parents' house since their house is the biggest and that way my parents don't have to travel.

But this year, Mother's Day is going to be something different.  My brother's new wife has invited us all to their house for Mother's Day!

I am pretty excited about this.  It has been forever since I have been to my brother's house even though he only lives about 20 minutes away since he is always out or working.

So, my first thought was 'wow!  This is going to be so fun!'

Then my next thought was 'wow!  He has no kids and has no idea about child-proofing a home!'

Not that I am expecting him to puts plugs in all the outlets and baby gates on the stairs or anything, but I mean more like fragile stuff on end tables and valuables at eye level.

So, I called him back after he invited us and I said, 'Ummmm...Aaron?  I don't know if you knew this or not, but baby Jesse's walking now, so that means that he kind of gets into everything.'

His response?  'That's ok.  We don't really have anything for him to get into.'

Hmmmmm....

Well, I guess we'll find out on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment