Thursday, February 3, 2011

What's In A Name

I know that I have shared this story before on my facebook page, but it is so profound for me, I just want to share it again, especially since it's where I got the name for my blog.

We live in a 1,200 sq foot house, and there are a lot of us in this small space.  Our AC broke a few years ago, and we have not yet gotten it fixed.  We have ceiling fans in all our rooms as well as window fans, and we are very good about regulating the temperature in our house by opening and closing windows and curtains according to the temperature patterns and sun movements outside.   But, it seems that every year, in about August, there are a few days that are just killers and we really suffer.  This summer was no exception.  I remember that it was over a week that it just got hotter and hotter and hotter until I really thought that I just couldn't take it anymore.  It gets so hot that you can't sleep, don't want to eat or even move and everyone is at each other's throats.  Finally, Sunday morning rolled around and we could go to church.  While we were sitting there, I lifted this up to God and asked Him for some type of relief.  I prayed for rain to come down and wash away the sticky humidity.

When we got home, I bathed the 2 little guys in cold water in hopes that would help them take a nap and then I lay down to see if I could get some rest myself.  Before I knew it, the wind started whipping around and the house and a cool breeze started coming through windows.  Then rain started pouring down.  I ran outside to close the windows on the van, and when I turned the key to close the windows, this song was playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODatqyzberM

Hallelujia!  Grace like rain pours down on me!

I couldn't believe it!  God heard my cries and relieved our suffering!  Since that time, when He revealed Himself so clearly to me, I have tried to be more conscious of His hand working in my life and His grace covering me, my family and my friends.

And I can say without a doubt that His grace truly does cover me like rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment