Monday, July 22, 2013

The Sweeping Saga

I am in a state of conflicting feelings.  On the one hand, I am stressed and disappointed and frustrated that none of the childcare leads that I have followed have come through.

But on the other hand, I am so thankful for everyone who has stepped in the fill the gaps.  This serves to remind me that God is indeed good and he does have this situation well in hand.

The kids had a great time this Sunday after church at a friend's pool, and they have been having fun at VBS and going on playdates with various friends afterward.  It's been good.  They are being entertained in constructive ways and I am getting the opportunity to really rest, which is what I need.

The path that I am currently blazing through the house is from my bed to the bathroom and back.  And that's it.  I'm going to wear a valley in the floorboards with how much I have to go to the bathroom, being pregnant and also drinking vast amounts of fluids to help replace the blood I am loosing.

But that means that the question would be...

What exactly is going ON in the rest of the house?????

We were supposed to have a nanny interview this evening, so I asked Elizabeth to do a bit of a clean up before she got here.  She obediently does what I have asked...picking up the toys and getting ready to sweep.

But then she is standing at the door with a question...



'Uhhhh....Mom?....What happened to the broom?'

Well it looks to me like it's about 2 feet too short.  
How in the world did THAT happen?  And when???


Jesse said he has no idea how it happened and had nothing at all to do with it.  I have my doubts....

But, the chores must go on!  So bent like an old lady, Elizabeth swept the floors.  (Poor girl!)

And....the nanny didn't show.




No comments:

Post a Comment