Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Way It Is...

So I am still on bed rest.

Now, I think that there is often the idea that bed rest means that you are taking a nap in bed...or sitting on the couch watching TV...or knitting baby booties...and eating bon bons...

But that is not MY bed rest.

Oh, no.  MY bed rest is one where I have to be in bed.  All day.  Every day.  For weeks on end.  We don't know yet when (or even if) I will get off bed rest before the baby comes, who is due towards the end of November.

PLUS...not only do I have to stay in bed, I can't even sit up.  I get up to go to the bathroom, and I sit to eat, but other than that, I am completely on my back.  Well, side, to be exact.  So, I am limited to doing only what I can do while lying in bed.

That is difficult when you have 4 kids...heck, that's difficult when you have ONE kid!

Anyway, that's why I haven't been posting on here.  It is hard to use the computer when you are on your back.  Someone did lend me a nook, which is awesome, but extended typing on that is not really that easy.

So, seeing as I can't really be sitting so I can't be on the couch for long periods of time, and I can't go upstairs, so I can't get in my bed, we have had to turn one of the downstairs rooms into a makeshift bedroom.


I am sleeping on an air mattress that someone very kindly lent us, which is much more comfortable than the couch, and they also lent us a 'visitor's chair' so there's somewhere for someone else to sit, too.  Other than that, it's pretty much just boxes and piles of the stuff that we had to move out of the way to fit the bed.  Actually, the room looks much better than it used to since Jimmy worked in it today to get some of the other stuff out of it.  I'd hate to see the shed.  But then again, since I haven't seen anything except the bathroom and this room for a week, it's not likely I'll see it for quite some time.  All I know is that when it's time to find something in there, like winter clothes for the kids, it's going to be quite a chore!

And all those pink things on the floor?  Those are handkerchiefs I cut out of an old ripped sheet.  (Try THAT while lying on your back!)  But, since I can't get up to put them away, Jesse threw them all on the floor, and that's where they still are.  

That being said, I am still looking for a nanny to come in and help us everyday, so if you know anyone who would be qualified, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment