Monday, May 9, 2011

Five Minute Friday

So, I know that this is not Friday, nor really even close to it, but I wanted to participate, and since I have not had time to do anything til now, I'm just going to toss my five minutes in now...especially since that is about all I have to spare right now!

I am going to link up to Gypsy Mama's Five Minute Friday.




The rules?  Write for 5 minutes without stopping or editing.

The topic?  Motherhood Should Come With...

Ready?

GO!

Hmmm...what  motherhood should come with.  I have not read any of the other blogs on this yet, I try not to so that they don't change what I may have been thinking on my own, but I can imagine that perhaps people would say that they think that motherhood should come with a manual.  You know, a rule book of sorts that would tell you what to do and what not to do with your kids so that they all turn out alright.

I don't know, maybe nobody else said that, but I know that I have heard it before.

I have 2 thoughts on that.

One is that we DO have a manual.  It is the Bible; God's Word.  All the little things that we should be teaching our children are right between the pages.

The second is that if someone somewhere wrote a guide book for us to raise our children, how boring would THAT be!?!?!  All of us have our own ways to teach our own children.  And, if we treat our children with the same love that our havenly Father treats us, they will turn out OK, but each in his or her own way.  Not some textbook child.

Who really wants to be told by someone else how to raise their child?  I mean, really.  You have your own ideas about education and discipline and everything else, and even though they may be different than mine, they are prolly just as good, if not better!

But the things that motherhood DOES come with...now that is a list that would go on for days.

Just think of all the unlimited hugs and smiles and sticky hands to hold.

Think of all the unconditional love (til they are teenagers and realize that you really don't know everything)!

But one of the most interesting things that I have seen as I watched little kids with their parents at the amusement park this weekend is that they see you for just exactly the best of who you are.  They don't care how you look..if you are blind or can't hear or are in a wheelchair.  They couldn't care less if you are overweight or bald or have 'weird' skin or one arm.  The things that we as adults may shy away from out of knowing too much and 'knowing' what's 'right' and what's 'not right', little kids don't see.  They each see the one they love for exactly who they are - the one who loves them.

And in the end, that's all that really matters, and motherhood comes with that...for free!

Wow!  Times up!  Let's see what we got this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment