Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Be-Sneakered Zebra

So, after recovering from this yard sale...



where we made almost $300, and after Annie dug up

these potatoes

from the garden with Jo and Gabriel helping

and after Gabriel ate some

dirt,

 we were all relaxing in the living room in a small pile.  (In case you haven't noticed yet, we always seem to be in piles...can you find Elizabeth?  She's there...and she's not the one with glasses...that's Annie)

Anyway, the point of this whole thing was to draw your attention to the zebra that Gabe is bouncing away on and, for a brief moment, Jo is not trying to shove him off of to get her turn.

You see, I bought this zebra when Jo was Gabe's size at Target on clearance for $4.95...it was 75% off.  Then, Jo didn't really like it, she's never really been an active bouncer, so I sold it to a lady down the street for $10.

Then, it turned out that I took that same lady's daughter to VBS with us last week, and she had the sneakered zebra sitting on her porch because she was getting rid of it because her son has outgrown it.

So, she told me to take it, (did she remember I was the one who sold it to her?) and Gabriel now has a bouncing singing snorting zebra with sneakers on that is one of his favorite toys that I earned $5 on.

Not that $5 is much, but that's not the point.  Actually, I'm not really sure what the point is, but I think it's kinda funny.

1 comment: