Saturday, July 30, 2011

Five Minute Friday - Still

(So, it was Friday when I wrote this, but before I could publish it, Gabriel started crying in is crib so I went up to take care of him and fell asleep myself before I could come back down and push the 'publish' button!)


It's Friday and I am going to meet up with Gypsy Mama to join in.  Feel free to join us, too!  It's lots of fun!

The rules? Write for 5 minutes without stopping to edit or proofread (although I will edit a little since my 'h' key is not working well today, tanks to Gabriel...)

The topic? STILL!

Ready?  GO!


Still:  As in

ELIZABETH!  Are you STILL in bed????  You have to get on the bus in 15 minutes!  I woke you up 45 minutes ago!

Or:

Jo, you STILL haven't finished emptying the silverware from the dishwasher?  Your sister's going to do it and get your quarter if you don't get a move on!

But then there is also:

Be still.  Just being.  Still.  We are being.  Still.  Everyday.  I wake up and I am being.  Still.  I get up and be and go to work and be and move through the day and be.  Still.  I'm still being.  Being me, being hot, being tired, being frustrated,

then coming home...

and being loved and being needed and being patient and being Mommy...still.  Everyday.  To the fullest.

And sometimes, to retain my sanity, I need to take all those times of being and step out of them for just one moment and be

Still.

Soak it in.

Look to God who in His own mercy and grace has given me the ability to be

Still.

and to

Still be!

Ding!

Let's see what happened today!




3 comments:

  1. Very good thoughts here. :) Loved it! And I fall asleep and have to come back and finish like that all the time, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're busy with work and kids and life. But just so you know....looking forward to reading your blog next time you post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything is going ok.... Siempre me gusta leer lo que esta pasando en tu vida. Estoy orando por ti y tu familia.

    ReplyDelete