Wednesday, January 23, 2013

In the Player: Avengers

Elizabeth got the DVD Avengers for Christmas.  I like movies and I like books, but I usually see or read them once and then I am done.  But not Elizabeth.  She will watch a movie until she has it pretty much memorized, or read a book til she can just open it to the part that she wants to read and skip around where she likes.

Her latest flick has been Avengers.



I liked this one.  I had seen Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, and Captain America in each of their own individual movies, and this was basically a movie where all of those super heroes come together to fight a common enemy.

Tony Stark, of course, was brilliant.  He is once again perfectly cast as the irreverent know-it-all Iron Man.  He is quick, witty, and fun and, of course, easy on the eyes. ;) I also like the Black Widow in the scenes where she is very deviously gets the information she wants out of whomever she wants it.  I don't prefer her in the fighting sequences, but the others make up for that.

The theme is well built.  I like the way that it's not just a blow 'em up good against evil, but it has the aspect of the different super heroes that all think that they are the best and must come to terms with working together and respecting one another.  The Hulk, of course, has his own issues as well that must be controlled before he's really worth anything, too.

Avengers is PG13 and has some super hero violence, some kissing, and some crude language, but on the whole, it's a great movie that I don't mind Elizabeth watching again (and again and again and again...)




No comments:

Post a Comment